LASIK Surgery - Spectacle free EYE within 1 minute
Removes less tissue than the thickness of a human hair...
We treat ...
- Most common vision correcting surgery
- Over 2 crore treated worldwide
- Sophisticated techniques and technology
- Safely and efficiently correcting refractive errors with proven, excellent outcomes.
- Rapid visual recovery.
- Stable results.
- Aspherically optimized profile.
- High accuracy even for smaller and higher corrections.
- High predictability of all refractive error corrections.
- Lower retreatment rate.
- Patient friendly fixation laser to avoid parallax error.
Photo refractive keratectomy (PRK) is a type of laser eye surgery designed to correct vision problems like nearsightedness, farsightedness and astigmatism.
PRK came before laser procedure called laser-assisted-in-situ keratomileusis (LASIK), but PRK is still performed frequently and regularly with good success rate.
PRK is a flapless procedure most suitable for defense personnel and whose cornea are not suitable for LASIK surgery.
Equipment Features & Facilities:
- Modular Operation Theater
- Touch Screen Operation
- Precise and gentle laser correction
- High Speed 3D infrared eye tracking
- High level of treatment comfort
- Advanced Ablation Algorithm (AAA)
- FLEXIQUENCE switch function
- Intraoperative ablation speed
- Topography-guided Treatment
- Surgeries are performed by Qualified Cornea and Refractive Surgeon
What is refractive error?
Refractive error is considered as a defect of eye in which the rays of any object are not properly focused on the Retina.
Types of Refractive Errors:
Myopia: Objects light rays are focused in-front of retina. Most common refractive error.
Hyperopia: Objects light rays are focused behind the retina.
Astigmatism: Objects light rays are not focused at single point.
Presbyopia: Natural lens of human eye are not able to focus the image of any near object at Retina.
Why LASIK or PRK?
- If you do not want to wear spectacles or contact lenses.
- If you feel visually and socially restricted by spectacles or contact lenses.
- If you are intolerant to contact lenses.
- If you want to participate in certain outdoor sports where using spectacles or contact lenses may be a problem.
- If you plan to join certain professions wherein excellent uncorrected visual acuity is a prerequisite.
You are an appropriate candidate for LASIK/PRK if:
- You are 18 years old or above.
- You've had a stable refraction for at least one year.
- You didn't have any eye injuries or infections for at least one year.
- You are not pregnant or nursing.
- You are not suffering from any degenerative or auto immune disease.
- You have low to moderate myopia (between -0.50 and -12.00 diopters.
- You have myopia with astigmatism (-5.0 diopters or less)
- You have low to moderate hyperopia without astigmatism (< 6.0 diopters)
- You wish to live life to the fullest.
Nepal Netra Jyoti Sangh
Eastern Regional Eye Care Programme
Biratnagar Eye Hospital
* We shall contact you back within 24 hrs. Sunday to Friday